Sunday, July 27, 2014

Progress

My progression toward meeting the goals of my GAME plan has been overwhelming.  I have been spending an immense amount of time jumping from one site to the next. I have decided that I need to focus on one technology tool at a time. Meeting this goal is a one step process and will be ongoing throughout my teaching career. 
The websites I have found are overloaded with information that it is difficult to know where to start.  One helpful site, www.P21.org, provided a downloadable toolkit.  This toolkit included sample lessons that matched up with the standards.  The last pages of the kit listed numerous links to Common Core implementation and assessment resources. I am going to continue my search by using these resources. Kathy Schrock’s Guide to Everything is packed with good information to help me hone in one tool at a time. 
Since I have started Walden’s master’s program, my technology knowledge was minimal. When I first tried to maneuver through the online class, it took me forever.  I know so much more about technology now than a year ago, and know I have to keep growing in this direction.  I do learn better when someone models the technology tool.  To continue this growth, I want to add enrolling in technology classes they are occasionally offered through our resource center.  I also want to keep an organized record of what tools I am learning, so I can remember how to incorporate them into my classroom. This class had helped me in discovery blogs, so I have also researched some professional blogs.  Kathy’s Schrock’s Katch of the month blog (http://denblogs.com/schrock) will help keep me abreast of current research and technology tools.
I have had brief discussions with the technology coordinator and colleagues this summer and plan to get more engaged when school starts in the fall. Student feedback too is not feasible since we are not in school.
As a result of my discoveries, I plan to focus on one tool at a time.  Otherwise, I get frustrated and overwhelmed.  I cannot focus on creating a class web page, wiki spaces, blogs, and other tools at the same time.  My goal is to pick one technology tool to master at a time.  Again, if anyone has suggestions, please share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment